Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Locked out

Today has been such a great day!!  When I got up, I managed to clean the bathroom for my aunt who's coming over tonight, so that was productive.  Then, I went to lunch with my mom around 12:00.  I had a couple hours to waste before my haircut appointment at 3:00, so I decided to visit our two local thrift stores.  The more "upscale" one had added a vintage section!  They had soo many cute lacy nightgowns and 60's mod dresses, but they were way overpriced, and I only had 20 bucks to spend.  After that, I went to the other thrift store, which usually never has anything, and I ended up spending all of my money!

After that, I went and got my hair cut, and I absolutely LOVE it.  It doesn't look as good in these photos as it does in real life.  I basically just got tons of layers which makes it look so nice!  I can't wait to see what it looks like with my natural texture.

When I got home, I checked the mail and I had received a few graduation cards and a brand new InStyle magazine.  I also got my dress that I won via Vintage Strings.  It looks so pretty!  The only problem is that it's slightly too big, but I think if I take up the straps some it should work.  I wanted to show you guys anyways, so I took some pictures.
Vintage dress via Vintage Strings, Forever 21 shoes, thrifted vintage bag

When I got outside on the deck, I didn't want my cat to follow me outside, so I shut the door real quick and accidentally locked myself out.  I wasn't really worried though, because I knew the door in the garage was unlocked and I could just walk through the backyard to get there.  So after I finished taking the pictures, I pulled my socks up to avoid getting ticks and walked through the tall grass.  Then when I got to the front, I realized I had put the garage door down, with my car (that had the opener in it) inside the garage.  So immediately I started freaking out.  The front door was locked, the side door was locked.  I almost climbed into a window, but they were locked too.  I didn't have a phone or anything.  Right when I was about to walk to my neighbor's house (with this outfit on to make things worse), I remembered we had a spare key.  I knew it would open the door in the garage, but I prayed that it would open the side door.  Luckily, it did.  After walking through a few spider webs, I made it inside.

Oh, the things I go through for you all!!  Can you tell my dad cleaned up the deck?  Here's what it looked like before.  It also helps that it's summertime and everything looks pretty.

By the way, here are my thrift store finds!  Both the watch and the purse are from there.
This was actually attached to an ugly tank top, so I just took it apart.
I finally found the perfect white shorts!
A cute little floral tank top.
Hope your day was at least this good (minus being locked outside)!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kyla Makay said...

haha. your hair is sooooooo cute! I LOVE IT! and the tank tops are cute too... we really need to go thrifting together. haha. Today I went to Old Navy and Target and got a load of colored tanks and shorts... haha my perfect summer combo... I also got a cute tshirt that is striped haha. Not near as cute as what you got. I did get a sporty bathing suit, for water boarding. hahahahah. Can't wear a bikini while doing that. anyways adorable finds, and I am glad you got inside. I have been locked out a ton. haha

-makay

June 9, 2010 at 7:29 PM  
Blogger S said...

I'm loving your haircut!
And your deck looks lovely and so summery.

June 10, 2010 at 2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no , this dress is so cute ! i just love it! and your new haircut..- you look really nice ! :)

June 10, 2010 at 7:14 AM  
Blogger Kelly Lauren said...

Oh it looks so lovely on you!!! And I'm sorry it doesn't quite fit right - it looks great on you but I'm sure it won't be too bad to get it taken up at the sleeves - I'm sorry about that! I love how you dressed it up - soooo cute. And great finds on your thrifting adventure! Love the purse.

xo!

June 10, 2010 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh your new hair cute looks really good!!! i love your dress, it is so pretty!! the print is gorgeous, you found some great vintage things!! makes me want to go shopping!

June 10, 2010 at 10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, go your thrift store!
These are wonderful!

Your day sounds fantastic, honey. If I ever got locked out of my house, we don't have a spare key, and none of the windows open fully, so I'd be totally screwed!

I was going to leave a comment on your post about Senior Appriciation Day, but I wanted to comment on the one about clothes, too, so I thought I would just hit two birds with one stone here.

That is so wonderful!
We do a similar thing at my school, cause there's only about 100 of us in each year level, during graduation, our best subject teacher gets to talk about us for 5 minutes, before they and our homeroom teachers present us with our awards. I'm so excited for my graduation next year! It's still pretty sad though.

Yay! Nearly 25 followers! I get excited everytime I get one follower, and I'm on 48 now...It's such a great feeling.

Sorry for this essay. I'm an Advanced Lit Student, what can I say.
Love you darling,
xxxxx

June 11, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home