Monday, June 28, 2010

Thoughts

Growing up is such a strange thing.  When you're 8, you wanna be 10.  When you're 10, you wanna be 13. When you're 13, you wanna be 16.  When you're 16, you wanna be 18.  And once you're 18, some people want to be 21, but others (like me), wish they were younger again.  When you're a teenager, you always have this vision of what 18 looks like, and now that I'm actually 18, I don't think I really look or act that age.

Yesterday I had to officially get my student loans for college.  And it made me worry about whether or not I would be able to pay them back.  And then I started to think, "Wow, only a week or so of being an adult, and I'm already thinking about bills?"  Yes, I know I don't have to pay them until after I graduate, but 4 years isn't that long.

Freshman year was 4 years ago, and that certainly doesn't seem that long ago, even though I've changed dramatically since then.  So much has happened in those four short years of high school that I'll never forget.  I  got my first legitimate boyfriend, went on all sorts of adventures, fell in love, got my heart broken, acted like a total teenager (and sometimes a kid), found my personal style, learned so much about art, found my passions, and so much more.

I'm closing a chapter of my life today.  I'm moving on from people who have moved on from me long ago, and I'm letting go of my past mistakes.  I never said I was getting over him, just moving on.  Everyone can at least do that much.

Here are some images that have kept me inspired.  That kitty looks just like mine. :)


See more images that inspire me here.

Also, I got an email address for this blog, so if you have any questions or comments, email me at underthesecolorsblog@gmail.com.  The formspring thing wasn't working out too well.

Now, I'm going to spend the day with my best friend, what could be better?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kyla Makay said...

Wow Dana. I wanna sit with you and just cry tears of joy! Don't worry girl God has you in the palm of His hand and He loves you. I am so glad to here you are going to move on and let God lead you to your next destination. Now you are free and and you are going to soar.

-Makay

June 28, 2010 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger fashionjunkie said...

I know what you mean, i always wanted to be older and as soon as you hit 18 and move away to college, it's kind of scary... But you'll be fine, everybody has this jittery nervous stage!

www.fashionjjunkie.blogspot.com

June 29, 2010 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger The Mad Twins said...

pandora rules ^^

June 29, 2010 at 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Janice said...

I am totally agreeing with you in the introduction part as when we are small we wan t to become more elder.

July 2, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home