Monday, September 20, 2010

Waiting For The End

So, in Savannah, Georgia, fall doesn't exist.  It's still like 95 F every day, plus humidity.  Whenever I visit home it's going to seem quite chilly.  I just wish I could wear some fall clothes!
I have been enjoying SCAD so much, and I had such an amazing weekend.  Friday, Danielle and I (my roommate) found this really neat little vintage/consignment shop with all kinds of stuff and floral prints everywhere.  It was an absolute dream, I'm bringing my camera next time!  They had vintage Coach  bags for under $40.
Saturday I walked around the city with my friend Brett, and we found lots of neat stores and whatnot.  That night I joined the Super Smash Bros league at SCAD, which is actually taken pretty seriously here.  They had a whole tournament and rules set and everything.  I met some girls there, and got to play the game in their dorm for awhile.  Some random guys were having a dance party in their room a little later, complete with a DJ booth, so that was pretty fun, too.  College life is so random!
Sunday, I went to church in the morning, and Savannah is SO quiet at 9 am on a Sunday, that's for sure.  I don't think I saw a single other person on the street besides the guy I was walking with.  I really enjoyed it though.  They served us free food, of course.  They know how to get college students.  I never really understood the importance of free food until college!

On a really unrelated note, Brett gave me probably 20 new CD's to listen to, which is going to take me forever, because he had specific listening instructions for a lot of them, haha.  I got the new Linkin Park album on my own, which I LOVE.  Nobody else seems to like it but me, but I guess I just accepted that it's totally different from their other stuff.  Here's one of my favorite songs, which is actually a little reggae inspired:
You'll probably be hearing more from this album, because I just love it so much!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kell said...

I actually totally love Linkin Parks new album. It may be different but the messages in the songs and the overall sound is really great!

September 20, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home