Sunday, May 16, 2010

Home!

I'm back from Michigan! It's been sunny and around 65 degrees (F) there, which seems cold after it being 90 here! My cousins thought it was funny that I was so cold, because that's what their warm weather is like this time of year. My grandmother's funeral was short, but very nice.
She's the type of person that kept EVERYTHING, so we just spent the last few days going through her whole house and looking at everything. She wanted her (six!) kids to divide up everything they wanted in the house, and she also wanted her grandkids to have a few things, too. She actually said that she wanted me to have her suuuuuper nice, almost brand new sewing machine. We also found a ton of old things of my dad's and his siblings, like pictures, schoolwork, clothes, and even a few of their old toys.
In addition to the sewing machine, I also received tons of vintage jewelry from her, as well as a few vintage coats, and some other little things. I will definitely post pictures of everything. When I walked into her house, it was full of flowers and lace, and I instantly knew where I got my aesthetic from!
Anyways, I don't have much time to post, I have homework to do, but I wanted you to see this absolutely gorgeous dress I found on LB.
Possibly the greatest vintage piece EVER.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am very sorry about your grandmother, those things are never easy. i just found your blog and i love all of your outfits. i just got a sewing machine to and i am so excited to learn how to use it! i can't wait to see some more of your outfit posts.

http://prettyniftythriftyfashion.blogspot.com/

May 16, 2010 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger Kyla Makay said...

I am sorry about your grandma. :(

I am glad you got an awesome sewing machine, you will have to show us some of your creations. :)

and yeah... OUTFIT POST! haha.

and that is def a GORGEOUS DRESS! We need to go thrifting (I know that is now a word, but now it is haha) before you go off to SCAD. :)

-makay

May 17, 2010 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Sonny said...

Dude, it sucks that your grandma died :( atleast you had marketing class to look forward to today :) right? that picture is really cool and i could totally see you wearing a dress like that!

May 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home